From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange grub problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:44:43
1 On Sunday 20 July 2008, Wolf Canis wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 20 July 2008, Wolf Canis wrote:
4 > >> Oh sorry,
5 > >>
6 > >> _very_ _important_ :
7 > >>
8 > >> Mount your boot partition _before_ you emerge grub.
9 > >
10 > > I believe that the grub ebuild mounts it for you, messes up your
11 > > grub.conf and carries on with its business . . .
12 >
13 > So far I that now, is that now changed. You have to mount it before
14 > you emerge grub. The following is from the ebuild grub-0.97-r6.ebuild:
15
16 Good! That's the preferred behaviour. It shouldn't really mess things up
17 without asking.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick