From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MCE in kernel
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:08:17
1 Thank you. I have solved the problem for now, but live in fear that there
2 is something untoward going in on my hardware.
3
4 Earlier on, this was intermittent. I also wonder whether a register was set
5 or a cmos flag, because after I booted the Ubuntu partition, the machine did
6 boot with no complaint. It hadn't been going on long, though. Well, I
7 finally was able to boot using an earlier kernel with no MCE flag set, then
8 recompile a newer kernel without it.
9
10 I think your solution is the better one, though.
11
12 I did follow the instructions of the boot messages and installed an mce log
13 translation utility, but I didn't make sense of what to do with it.
14
15 Thank you again,
16
17 Alan