From: Don Jerman <djerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MCE in kernel
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:54:28
1 On 9/3/07, Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thank you. I have solved the problem for now, but live in fear that there
3 > is something untoward going in on my hardware.
4 >
5 Quite possible. It can also be caused by misconfiguring kernel
6 drivers. I recently (accidently) selected the ATI agpart driver
7 instead of the Intel driver. Most drivers correctly detect when their
8 corresponding device isn't present, but this one gamely tried to
9 manage the AGP bridge and fouled up memory whenever X started...
10
11 So you may want to review your kernel config and make sure you have
12 all the devices you're attempting to use.
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list