From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Dovecot and authentication
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:01:52
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I've got a problem; My Dovecot installation uses plain text
3 > authentication. I don't like the idea of unencrypted passwords being
4 > sent over the Internet, so I want to switch to a different
5 > authentication method. I'm mainly worried about my webmail client. I
6 > configured Apache last week for SSL access to the webmail client
7 > (Squirrelmail), but my Windows users have been saying that they haven't
8 > been able to access Squirrelmail since last week before I converted it
9 > to SSL. I tried it myself in Windows. Windows said it couldn't even
10 > find my domain. After I turned off the SSL, Windows found it. I need
11 > something else. The Dovecot wiki mentions several other authentication
12 > methods (cram-md5 looks promising), but it doesn't say how to set up a
13 > cram-md5 database. Can anyone direct me on how to do this?
16 Do you have a real SSL cert and if so was it from a cheap provider? In
17 many case the SSL root cert for that provider is not within IE which can
18 break things. The fix is to add that particular SSL cert providers
19 intermediate.crt. It's probably somewhere on their site along with
20 directions on how to add it to Apache.
21
22 kashani
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list