From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:28:11
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > But why attacking Dirk for his valid question? The OP has complained
4 > in two threads about compiling. If you don't like compiling, gentoo
5 > is not for you.
6
7 If Dirk wants to ask a question about why people should not use gentoo
8 if they don't like to compile KDE, let him start a thread about it.
9 Don't hijack a thread about getting rid of the various components.
10
11 (and what was the other complaint you mention?)
12
13 And anyway a moments thought would have given him the answer. There is
14 no mystery there,
15
16 That someone finds gentoo worthwhile even though they don't like the
17 time sink involved in compiling kde is not mysterious or hard to
18 understand. It wasn't an innocent `gosh I'm just interested' question.
19