From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:38:10
1 On Dienstag 18 November 2008, Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Dirk Heinrichs (dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com) [18.11.08 07:53]:
3 > > Am Dienstag 18 November 2008 07:14:02 schrieb ext Harry Putnam:
4 > > > I've decided to stop using KDE after yrs of use... given that gentoo
5 > > > compiles everything from scratch, its just getting to much time lost
6 > > > jacking around with kde during upgrades.
7 > >
8 > > Hmm, you already complained about installation (or compile) time in the
9 > > cfg- update thread. Why did you choose Gentoo, if you don't like
10 > > compiling stuff?
11 >
12 > Because it is about choice, and if you choose, not to use KDE, then you
13 > can do it.
14 >
15 > You can even choose not to use qt, and leave a whole bunch of bloated
16 > libs out.
17 >
18 > > BTW: I run KDE updates in the night.
19 >
20 > Well, I never compile KDE. One big monster like Gnome is enough...
21 >
22 > > Bye...
23 > >
24 > > Dirk
25 >
26 > SEB@STI@N
27
28 so you decided to install the even bigger, more bloated monster?
29 smart choice!
30
31 But why attacking Dirk for his valid question? The OP has complained in two
32 threads about compiling. If you don't like compiling, gentoo is not for you.