From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two glibcs with different version
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 07:49:50
1 Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I must test a software with a older version of the glibc. I run the
6 > 2.11.1 now but for one tool I need a previous version (2.6.1).
7 > How can I compile the glibc without changing my system glibc. I would
8 > like to set the previous glibc with the LD_PATH.
9 > Can I run two different versions or is a better solution to downgrade
10 > the system glib?
11
12 I think that the only way you can do this is to create a chroot jail,
13 in which you build everything using the old version of glibc (in a very
14 similar way to building a new Gentoo system) and run your application in
15 that.