From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two glibcs with different version
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 08:33:00
1 On Samstag 01 Mai 2010, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de> writes:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > I must test a software with a older version of the glibc. I run the
6 > > 2.11.1 now but for one tool I need a previous version (2.6.1).
7 > > How can I compile the glibc without changing my system glibc. I would
8 > > like to set the previous glibc with the LD_PATH.
9 > > Can I run two different versions or is a better solution to downgrade
10 > > the system glib?
11 >
12 > I think that the only way you can do this is to create a chroot jail,
13 > in which you build everything using the old version of glibc (in a very
14 > similar way to building a new Gentoo system) and run your application in
15 > that.
16
17 no, you can install glibc in /usr/local and then tell apps to either use the
18 libs in /usr/local or /usr.
19
20 It is just not easy because it easily breaks stuff in horrrible to fix ways.