From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Good GUI debugger that can be used for Qt apps
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:20:53
1 On 11/20/05, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I copied my code into a KDevelop project and built it. I then placed a
3 > breakpoint on "int main (int argv, char** argc) and selected Start from
4 > the Debug menu. It immediately gave me a dialog that said "Program
5 > received SIGABRT. Aborted." It did not tell me where my Segfault came
6 > from. Is there a way to get it to tell me, or at least allow me to step
7 > through my program without instantly shutting down?
8
9 That is very strange. Did you build your program with the '-g'
10 (debug) option to gcc?
11
12 Also try "strace -s256 <programname>". It will give you an idea of
13 what system calls your program is making at the time of the segfault,
14 and maybe give you a starting point of where to look in the code.
15
16 -Richard
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list