From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:01:19
1 On Thursday, April 14, 2016 02:58:09 AM Dale wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:33:10 AM Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
4 > >> 14.04.2016 00:49, Dale wrote:
5 > >>> Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
6 > >> Hi Dale,
7 > >>
8 > >>> I'm not sure on where you got the black screen. If it is when X
9 > >>> started, did you switch to sddm or some other compatible display
10 > >>> manager? The old kdm isn't supported and from what I read, doesn't
11 > >>> work. That may explain the black screen.
12 > >>
13 > >> Sddm worked as expected, not to mention its veeery slow interface (for
14 > >> that nvidia drivers can be blamed, but whatever). The black screen
15 > >> appeared after logging in.
16 > >
17 > > Slow interface?
18 > > It works quite well on my laptop. Did you add the "sddm" user to the
19 > > "video" group as mentioned in the upgrade guide?
22 > > --
23 > > Joost
24 >
25 > I missed that part somehow. I just went and added it to the video group
26 > here. It worked tho.
27 >
28 > While at it, what is a command that lists all the users that are set up
29 > on a system? I tried a couple things but only found one that lists who
30 > is currently logged in. I would like them all listed.
31
32 You mean things like:
33
34 # getent passwd