From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:58:21
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:33:10 AM Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
3 >> 14.04.2016 00:49, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
5 >> Hi Dale,
6 >>
7 >>> I'm not sure on where you got the black screen. If it is when X
8 >>> started, did you switch to sddm or some other compatible display
9 >>> manager? The old kdm isn't supported and from what I read, doesn't
10 >>> work. That may explain the black screen.
11 >> Sddm worked as expected, not to mention its veeery slow interface (for
12 >> that nvidia drivers can be blamed, but whatever). The black screen
13 >> appeared after logging in.
14 > Slow interface?
15 > It works quite well on my laptop. Did you add the "sddm" user to the "video"
16 > group as mentioned in the upgrade guide?
19 > --
20 > Joost
24 I missed that part somehow. I just went and added it to the video group
25 here. It worked tho.
26
27 While at it, what is a command that lists all the users that are set up
28 on a system? I tried a couple things but only found one that lists who
29 is currently logged in. I would like them all listed.
30
31 Dale
32