From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:44:47
1 On 14/04/2016 09:58, Dale wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> On Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:33:10 AM Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
4 >>> 14.04.2016 00:49, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
6 >>> Hi Dale,
7 >>>
8 >>>> I'm not sure on where you got the black screen. If it is when X
9 >>>> started, did you switch to sddm or some other compatible display
10 >>>> manager? The old kdm isn't supported and from what I read, doesn't
11 >>>> work. That may explain the black screen.
12 >>> Sddm worked as expected, not to mention its veeery slow interface (for
13 >>> that nvidia drivers can be blamed, but whatever). The black screen
14 >>> appeared after logging in.
15 >> Slow interface?
16 >> It works quite well on my laptop. Did you add the "sddm" user to the "video"
17 >> group as mentioned in the upgrade guide?
20 >> --
21 >> Joost
25 > I missed that part somehow. I just went and added it to the video group
26 > here. It worked tho.
27 >
28 > While at it, what is a command that lists all the users that are set up
29 > on a system? I tried a couple things but only found one that lists who
30 > is currently logged in. I would like them all listed.
31
32 cat /etc/passwd