From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo server installation
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:07:29
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 15:15 on Friday 10 June 2011, Joost Roeleveld
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Friday 10 June 2011 12:13:22 Perenaster wrote:
5 > > Hey,
6 > > I dont't know if this is the right list I'm writing to but I want to use
7 > > Gentoo as server. My aim is a small as possible installation of an OS
8 > > with only the modules I want. So I thought Gentoo might be the OS of
9 > > choice. Is it suitable for an server or should I look for an other
10 > > distro?
11 > > Is there anything in particular that I have to mention at the
12 > > installation? Thanks in advance,
13 > > Tom
14 >
15 > Hi Tom,
16 >
17 > Gentoo is quite usable as a Server. I use it as such myself.
18
19 Funny think about Gentoo is that it can save you a few MB of disk space by
20 removing things you don't need.
21
22 But it consumes 3GB of disk space to do it.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com