From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 09:44:57
1 On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:04:01 -0500,
2 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > Lastpass is forcing people to use only one device type or pay a fee.
7 > I've used the free version of Lastpass for years and it works well for
8 > me.  I use it on my desktop and my cell phone too.  However, I don't
9 > want to be limited to one device type and I also don't care much for
10 > paying for the service either. After doing some searching, it seems
11 > Bitwarden is pretty close to Lastpass.  Anyone here used both that can
12 > tell me if there is any differences between the two, bad differences for
13 > sure?  The new restrictions don't start for a while, March I think, so I
14 > have time to switch.  According to search info, I can even export from
15 > Lastpass and import to Bitwarden pretty easily.
16 >
17 > The only downside I've found so far is that Bitwarden isn't available
18 > for Seamonkey.  Thing is, Lastpass hasn't updated the addon for
19 > Seamonkey in 2 or 3 years either so I'm using a older legacy version
20 > anyway.  I'm not sure how much of a downside that is but I won't be able
21 > to use a password manager at all for Seamonkey.  I hate to say this but
22 > Seamonkey is going to die if people don't start getting addons working
23 > with it.  Firefox has tons of addons that Seamonkey doesn't.  I like
24 > that it is a browser and email all in one but it is getting more limited
25 > every day.
26 >
27 > Anyone have info on switching from Lastpass to Bitwarden?  Thoughts?
28
29 hmmm, I never got a notice like that, but I am a premium user, so
30 maybe that is the reason. It was worth it so I could give emergency
31 access.
34 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
35 How do
36 you spend it?
37
38 John Covici wb2una