From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:42:56
1 On Wednesday 10 Jul 2013 08:57:07 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > > > cdrecord is installed, I have no idea why k3b chose to use growisofs
4 > > > > for creating the >10G isofs.
5 > > > >
6 > > > > I did not try cdrecord (How can I change which programs k3b uses?)
7 > > >
8 > > > "Settings" -> "Configure K3b" -> "Programs"
9 > >
10 > > This just displays what's there. I can't change any of the listed
11 > > programs from this screen.
12 >
13 > A few years ago, I have been told by the k3b people that k3b was modified
14 > to automatically prefer cdrecord in case it is present.
15 >
16 > Maybe you should ask the k3b maintainer from Gentoo whether there was a
17 > Gentoo specific change...
18
19 Thanks Jörg, it may well do, but since I do not burn DVDs all that often I
20 can't recall what the log showed last time. I will keep in mind to check next
21 time.
24 Regards,
25 Mick