From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conf.d/net and systemd
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:18:32
1 Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 30 July 2013 00:53:08 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi there. I would like to know how I can use my existing conf.d/net if
5 > > I were to use systemd, or is there some better way to do this? I have
6 > > two static networks an internal and external one and use the postup for
7 > > things which must go online once the external network is up. I had to
8 > > use modules="!iproute2" to get the route to add properly, but it is
9 > > working now using openrc.
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 > There's no way currently to use config from /etc/conf.d/net if you don't make
14 > your own systemd unit.
15 > I suggest installing net-misc/netctl. Postup will be possible.
16
17 OK, thanks -- I will look at that.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici