From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update : how to keep it going?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:32:07
1 Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012, 12:19:17 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
3 wrote:
4 > > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
5 > >> --keep-going does not help you, if the emerge does not start because of
6 > >> missing dep/slot conflict/blocking/masking whatever...
7 > >
8 > > Though it would be nice if there was some flag, probably mainly of use
9 > > with either ' -u @world' or --resume, to tell portage to get on and
10 > > merge what it can and leave any masked packages or those which would
11 > > generate blockers or conflicts.
12 >
13 > emerge -fDuN @world
14 >
15 > will both check/resolve dependencies as well as insure that all files
16 > required to do the build are downloaded. I typically run this command
17 > prior to emerging anything as I dislike coming back and hour later and
18 > finding the emerge didn't finish because a file either couldn't be
19 > downloaded or its manifest didn't check out.
20 >
21 > Just an alternative way to do things.
22 >
23 > HTH,
24 > Mark
25
26 that doesn't solve the problem I mentioned above.
29 #163933