From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update : how to keep it going?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:21:04
1 On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> --keep-going does not help you, if the emerge does not start because of
5 >> missing dep/slot conflict/blocking/masking whatever...
6 >
7 > Though it would be nice if there was some flag, probably mainly of use
8 > with either ' -u @world' or --resume, to tell portage to get on and
9 > merge what it can and leave any masked packages or those which would
10 > generate blockers or conflicts.
13 emerge -fDuN @world
14
15 will both check/resolve dependencies as well as insure that all files
16 required to do the build are downloaded. I typically run this command
17 prior to emerging anything as I dislike coming back and hour later and
18 finding the emerge didn't finish because a file either couldn't be
19 downloaded or its manifest didn't check out.
20
21 Just an alternative way to do things.
22
23 HTH,
24 Mark