From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ugly fonts on some seb sites
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:51:24
1 On Thursday 26 Mar 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090326 Robin Atwood wrote:
3 > > Recently http://freshmeat.net/ updated its look
4 > > and now the fonts are very hard to read.
5 > > It seems like they are not being rendered with anti-aliasing.
6 > > http://www.linuxjournal.com/ seems to have the same problem.
7 > > It makes no difference whether I use Firefox or Konqueror,
8 > > the appearance is the same.
9 >
10 > I don't encounter a problem with Konqueror
11 > -- I didn't check Firefox, but it sb the same --
12 > set to use New Century Schoolbook for all variable fonts
13 > & Luxi Mono for all fixed-width fonts: that's a quick fix you might try.
14
15 I use DejaVu for all my fonts which usually makes most pages look very elegant
16 but I don't think it makes a difference if the font is specified by the site.
17
18 -Robin
19 --
21 Robin Atwood.
22
23 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
24 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
25 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling