From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:15:51
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > "you wouldn't have this problem if you did *something else*" is a
3 > terrible response. There are very good reasons to use LVM. There are
4 > good (IMO, at least) reasons to avoid using an initr* on Gentoo.
5 > (Those reasons are sprinkled through the thread, some spoken by me,
6 > some spoken by others.) You'll find most of the people in the
7 > discussion so far aren't against initr* in all cases. It's the
8 > increase in number of cases where it becomes technically required
9 > that's a problem. -- :wq
10
11 You are right on LVM. I put / on a normal partition specifically
12 because I wanted to avoid a init thingy. Only / and /boot are on normal
13 partitions, everything else is on LVM. LVM takes a bit to get used to
14 but when you run out of space or have way to much space, you can move
15 things around easily.
16
17 LVM is the best move I made in a good while. Thanks to all the folks
18 who helped be convert too. :-D
19
20 Dale
21
25 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!