From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:19:50
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> "you wouldn't have this problem if you did *something else*" is a
4 >> terrible response. There are very good reasons to use LVM. There are
5 >> good (IMO, at least) reasons to avoid using an initr* on Gentoo.
6 >> (Those reasons are sprinkled through the thread, some spoken by me,
7 >> some spoken by others.) You'll find most of the people in the
8 >> discussion so far aren't against initr* in all cases. It's the
9 >> increase in number of cases where it becomes technically required
10 >> that's a problem. -- :wq
11 > You are right on LVM. I put / on a normal partition specifically
12 > because I wanted to avoid a init thingy. Only / and /boot are on normal
13 > partitions, everything else is on LVM. LVM takes a bit to get used to
14 > but when you run out of space or have way to much space, you can move
15 > things around easily.
16 >
17 > LVM is the best move I made in a good while. Thanks to all the folks
18 > who helped be convert too. :-D
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
25 *me* convert. I proofed it three times and still missed that. I'm a
26 awful typer and getting to be a bad proof reader too. :/
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!