From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:40:31
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Michael Mol wrote:
4 >>> "you wouldn't have this problem if you did *something else*" is a
5 >>> terrible response. There are very good reasons to use LVM. There are
6 >>> good (IMO, at least) reasons to avoid using an initr* on Gentoo.
7 >>> (Those reasons are sprinkled through the thread, some spoken by me,
8 >>> some spoken by others.) You'll find most of the people in the
9 >>> discussion so far aren't against initr* in all cases. It's the
10 >>> increase in number of cases where it becomes technically required
11 >>> that's a problem. -- :wq
12 >> You are right on LVM. I put / on a normal partition specifically
13 >> because I wanted to avoid a init thingy. Only / and /boot are on normal
14 >> partitions, everything else is on LVM. LVM takes a bit to get used to
15 >> but when you run out of space or have way to much space, you can move
16 >> things around easily.
17 >>
18 >> LVM is the best move I made in a good while. Thanks to all the folks
19 >> who helped be convert too. :-D
20 >>
21 >> Dale
22 >>
26 > *me* convert. I proofed it three times and still missed that. I'm a
27 > awful typer and getting to be a bad proof reader too. :/
28 >
29 > Dale
30
31 Lay off the eggnog, Dale. Too early yet. :P
34 :wq