From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:57:05
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > On 03/15/09 00:59, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >>> XP (that is good), but:
5 >>> 1.) the terminal I'm connecting to has to accept my connection, is it
6 >>> possible to set it up so I connect to it automatically.
7 >>> 2.) I'm taking control of the mouse and keyboard of the remote
8 >>> workstation (in this case my server).
9 >>> What I need is to connect to the server being able to use it without
10 >>> taking control of the desktop mouse or keyboard.
11 >>
12 >> Then you need to enable the "terminal client" service of Windows XP
13 >> instead (XP Professional has this). For this to work, you need to
14 >> disable the RDP of VirtualBox or use another port. Also, since XP's
15 >> RDP is a service, you need port forwarding if you're using NAT
16 >> networking in VBox.
17 >>
18 >> You can Google on how to enable RDP/terminal services inside XP.
19 >
20 > I'm trying now nxserver-freenx but it is giving me problem with
21 > configuration; do you know anything about setting up freenx?
22
23 I use x2go (it's also based on NX and is in the "nx" overlay). But you
24 can't connect to Windows XP with NX.