From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 23:34:17
1 On 03/15/09 00:59, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >> XP (that is good), but:
4 >> 1.) the terminal I'm connecting to has to accept my connection, is it
5 >> possible to set it up so I connect to it automatically.
6 >> 2.) I'm taking control of the mouse and keyboard of the remote workstation
7 >> (in this case my server).
8 >> What I need is to connect to the server being able to use it without
9 >> taking control of the desktop mouse or keyboard.
10 >
11 > Then you need to enable the "terminal client" service of Windows XP instead
12 > (XP Professional has this). For this to work, you need to disable the RDP
13 > of VirtualBox or use another port. Also, since XP's RDP is a service, you
14 > need port forwarding if you're using NAT networking in VBox.
15 >
16 > You can Google on how to enable RDP/terminal services inside XP.
17
18 I'm trying now nxserver-freenx but it is giving me problem with configuration; do you know anything about setting up freenx?
19 when I run:
20 nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge
21 ...
22
23 ----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
24 Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
25 Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.
26
27 Please check your ssh setup:
28
29 The following are _examples_ of what you might need to check.
30
31 - Make sure "nx" is one of the AllowUsers in sshd_config.
32 (or that the line is outcommented/not there)
33 - Make sure "nx" is one of the AllowGroups in sshd_config.
34 (or that the line is outcommented/not there)
35 - Make sure your sshd allows public key authentication.
36 - Make sure your sshd is really running on port 22.
37 - Make sure your sshd_config AuthorizedKeysFile in sshd_config is set to authorized_keys2.
38 (this should be a filename not a pathname+filename)
39 - Make sure you allow ssh on localhost, this could come from some
40 restriction of:
41 -the tcp wrapper. Then add in /etc/hosts.allow: ALL:localhost
42 -the iptables. add to it:
43 $ iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
44 $ iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
45
46 my sshd.conf:
47
48 Port 22
49 Protocol 2
50 PermitRootLogin no
51 AuthorizedKeysFile authorized_keys2
52 AllowUsers nx
53 AllowGroups nx
54 PasswordAuthentication no
55 UsePAM no
56 Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server
61 #Joseph
62 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7