From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Daft colours in knode
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:29:33
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I've just installed knode to see how Usenet has changed since I first used
4 > it 15 years ago, and I'm astonished to find that the default colours
5 > include white text on a white background for read threads and articles.
6
7 That's not the default. The default is a bright grey (on a white
8 background or whatever you have - background isn't set in Knode).
9
10 > Who on Earth wants these things to disappear when read?
11
12 I'm fine with the default. I don't care that much about read
13 threads. I actually like, that the default for unread threads/articles
14 is black. This way, they stand out more, which I really like, as
15 it draws attention to unread threads/articles first.
16
17 Example: http://michael-schmarck.share.s3.amazonaws.com/glgu/KNode-Colours.png
18
19 > What goes on in
20 > the mind of a typical developer these days?
21
22 No clue, but here something good was going on in the mind of
23 the Knode guys.
24
25 Michael
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list