From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Daft colours in knode
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:08:00
1 On Wednesday 16 April 2008 10:29:09 Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > I've just installed knode to see how Usenet has changed since I first
4 > > used it 15 years ago, and I'm astonished to find that the default
5 > > colours include white text on a white background for read threads and
6 > > articles.
7 >
8 > That's not the default. The default is a bright grey (on a white
9 > background or whatever you have - background isn't set in Knode).
10
11 Well I haven't changed it, and that's what shows up here.
12
13 > ... here something good was going on in the mind of the Knode guys.
14
15 It would be good if knode and kmail developers could get together and agree
16 an interface design, such as which keys do which kinds of navigation. The
17 two programs are after all strikingly similar in function.
18
19 Is there a simple way of copying the colours from kmail to knode, or do I
20 have to do it laboriously?
23 Rgds
24 Peter
25 --