From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: decrapify your kernel config
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:27:28
1 On Mittwoch 18 November 2009, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
3 > > Namespaces - you don't need it? Kick 'em out.
4 >
5 > hmm, interesting ... ;-)
6 >
7 > for sure I also want to decrapify my kernel-config ...
8 >
9 > To disable namespaces I would have to set CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y ... correct?
10 >
11 > This is rather counterintuitive to me, as my main workstation is far
12 > from an embedded or small system (ok, not compared to the
13 > 4096-cpu-clusters in http://xkcd.com/619/ , but compared to, for
14 > example, my embedded ALIX-PC I use as fw/router/something ...).
15 >
16 > So you suggest I set CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y and in turn get several new
17 > options/defaults to choose and get right or wrong ... ?
18
19 yepp - and under embedded you might find some other stuff to turn off.