From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: decrapify your kernel config
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:16:57
1 Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
2 > Namespaces - you don't need it? Kick 'em out.
3
4 hmm, interesting ... ;-)
5
6 for sure I also want to decrapify my kernel-config ...
7
8 To disable namespaces I would have to set CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y ... correct?
9
10 This is rather counterintuitive to me, as my main workstation is far
11 from an embedded or small system (ok, not compared to the
12 4096-cpu-clusters in http://xkcd.com/619/ , but compared to, for
13 example, my embedded ALIX-PC I use as fw/router/something ...).
14
15 So you suggest I set CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y and in turn get several new
16 options/defaults to choose and get right or wrong ... ?
17
18 ;-)
19
20 I am quite sure to have at least *some* crap in my config as I tend to
21 always do something like
22
23 zcat /proc/config.gz >> /usr/src/linux-new-shiny-version/.config
24 make oldconfig
25
26 ....
27
28 This gives me expected results and a "it boots OK" experience, getting
29 rid of unused crap is another issue, yes.
30
31 I wonder which EMBEDDED options would help me ...
32
33 Stefan