From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dns/bind-tools 9.14 -> 9.16 pulling in 17 new dependencies?!
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:00:35
1 On 2020-07-21, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 15:47:25 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Sync, re-emerge bind-tools and try again. The man pages are now
5 >> downloaded as a separate tarball, so Sphinx and deps are not longer
6 >> needed.
7 >
8 > And lo! 17 packages were removed by depclean!
9
10 Before I can try that, I apparently have to enable the elogind USE flag
11 because of somthing else that changed since I sync'ed yesterday.
12
13 That only requires 6 new packages (two of them are
14 acct-{user,group}/polkitd, so it's only 4 new "real" packages. Of
15 course every self-respecting package needs to install at least one new
16 programming language -- this time it's dev-lang/spidermonkey. :/
17
18 Sheesh.
21 Grant