From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pxe + initramfs
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:13:03
1 James:
2
3 > How would I go about taking a LiveCD and packing it into a LiveCD so
4 > that I don't have to set up NFS exports for all the other Linux
5 > distributions?
6
7 I assume you mean taking a livecd and packing it into a initramfs. I
8 would suggest you read this guide:
9
10 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-initrd.html
11
12 RDSIZE will have to be substantially larger though, large enough to
13 fit whatever your putting into the image. Ubuntu Karmic netinstall is
14 about 12Mb [1] so 13000 might be appropriate, iirc initramfs cannot
15 exceed 16Mb (if this isn't true let me know :D). Some hackery of the
16 "init" script will likely be required.
17
18 [1] http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
21 Kyle