From: James <jtp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pxe + initramfs
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:10:20
1 All,
2
3 I have been experimenting heavily with netboot (PXE booting).
4
5 When I go to boot the Ubuntu LiveCD via the network I have to set up
6 an NFS share and export it with the content of the LiveCD so that the
7 kernel can boot from it.
8
9 However, when booting the Gentoo LiveCD from the network, everything
10 seems to be downloaded as one large initramfs image that is then
11 extracted and used to boot. i.e., no NFS required.
12
13 How would I go about taking a LiveCD and packing it into a LiveCD so
14 that I don't have to set up NFS exports for all the other Linux
15 distributions?
16
17 Thoughts appreciated.
18