From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 17:30:01
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 January 2016 04:26:20 Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I was going to try out some of the KDE5 stuff just to see if I'm going
6 >> to like it or not. Anyway, I added a BUNCH of stuff to a keywords file
7 >> related to KDE and got past that part. I think I got them all. Now I
8 >> get this:
9 > --->8
10 >
11 > I was afraid to mess up my KDE4 system with KDE5 in some sort of parallel
12 > fashion, so I found some spare disk space and installed KDE5 into it, using
13 > the kde overlay and the .../desktop/plasma profile. It's much easier to
14 > manage the two systems separately (dual-boot), and there's far less risk of
15 > running, say, two versions of KMail on the same data [1]. I have all my
16 > usual user's stuff in ~/common, a separate partition that's mounted on
17 > whichever home partition is in use.
18 >
19 > There was a helpful web page somewhere too but I can't find it now - sorry
20 > Dale.
21 >
22 > 1. I'm not saying the versions of KMail do differ, but they may later during
23 > development of KDE5.
27 Since I install with kde-meta, kmail is installed here but I do not use
28 Kmail. I use Seamonkey for my emails. I haven't used Kmail is many
29 years.
30
31 This info may be good for others to think about tho.
32
33 Dale
34