From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 11:46:09
1 On Tuesday 05 January 2016 04:26:20 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I was going to try out some of the KDE5 stuff just to see if I'm going
5 > to like it or not. Anyway, I added a BUNCH of stuff to a keywords file
6 > related to KDE and got past that part. I think I got them all. Now I
7 > get this:
8
9 --->8
10
11 I was afraid to mess up my KDE4 system with KDE5 in some sort of parallel
12 fashion, so I found some spare disk space and installed KDE5 into it, using
13 the kde overlay and the .../desktop/plasma profile. It's much easier to
14 manage the two systems separately (dual-boot), and there's far less risk of
15 running, say, two versions of KMail on the same data [1]. I have all my
16 usual user's stuff in ~/common, a separate partition that's mounted on
17 whichever home partition is in use.
18
19 There was a helpful web page somewhere too but I can't find it now - sorry
20 Dale.
21
22 1. I'm not saying the versions of KMail do differ, but they may later during
23 development of KDE5.
26 Rgds
27 Peter