From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Update After A Year
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:30:55
1 Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I will also participate on this thread hijack (but Hal, don't hijack
4 > anymore. It makes your mom angry!) I would actually check more than
5 > just /etc/pam.d/* if you don't find it there because it's possible for
6 > mail servers or web servers to use these things the old way too!
7
8 Me too but Randy's advice is important. An angry mom can ruin your
9 day... hehe
10
11 * Your current setup is using one or more of the following modules,
12 * that are not built or supported anymore: pam_pwdb, pam_radius,
13 * pam_timestamp, pam_console If you are in real need for these
14 * modules, please contact the maintainers of PAM through
15 * http://bugs.gentoo.org/ providing information about its use
16 * cases. Please also make sure to read the PAM Upgrade guide at
17 * the following URL:
18 * http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/pam/upgrade-0.99.xml
19
20 I got that non-sense a while ago too and never did find anything but
21 commented lines. I think the warning may be invoked improperly
22 under some conditions. But others more knowledgeable may disagree.
23
24 My solution was to uninstall the current pam completely disregarding
25 dependencies, and then emerge the new one.
26
27 It worked here but please BE CAREFUL I think its possible to cause
28 some problems since we are dealing with things like login. Definitely
29 don't try it remotely.
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list