From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update After A Year
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 03:59:09
1 Stroller wrote:
2 > Ooops! Pressed send too hastily!
3 >
4 > I assumed that there'd be an update available to shadow which would fix
5 > this, but looking closer at the output of `grep -l -ie pwdb -ie radius
6 > -ie timestamp -ie console /etc/pam.d/*` it seems that the line containg
7 > `pam_console.so` is commented out on my system:
8 >
9 > # If you want to enable pam_console, uncomment the following line
10 > # and read carefully README.pam_console in /usr/share/doc/pam*
11 > #session optional pam_console.so
12 >
13 > So the question arises, did you uncomment it?
14 > Or is your sys-apps/shadow just older than mine?
15 > What does `grep -l -ie pwdb -ie radius -ie timestamp -ie console
16 > /etc/pam.d/* actually say on your machine?
17
18 I will also participate on this thread hijack (but Hal, don't hijack
19 anymore. It makes your mom angry!) I would actually check more than
20 just /etc/pam.d/* if you don't find it there because it's possible for
21 mail servers or web servers to use these things the old way too!
24 Randy Barlow
25 http://electronsweatshop.com
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list