From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen-saver annoyance after recent update
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:18:06
1 On Saturday 19 July 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag, 19. Juli 2008, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > > On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:08:03PM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote
4 > >
5 > > > How about: not using screensavers at all?
6 > >
7 > > Now for a stupid-sounding question... what is the screensaver called?
8 > > A "ps -ef" doesn't show any process with "screen" in the name. Man x
9 > > and man xorg don't help. I'm running blackbox, so I don't have a
10 > > gazillion settings widgets (nothing helpful in man blackbox). How can I
11 > > find what program is blanking the screen? Once I do that, I can either
12 > > set parameters or disable it.
13 >
14 > so you are not using a screensaver but dpms screen blanking?
15 >
16 > xset --help
17 >
18 > will answer your question.
19
20 In your xorg.conf check the setting for:
21
22 Option "SuspendTime" "10"
23
24 under "ServerLayout". If you set it to 0 I think that it will not suspend
25 anymore. Also you could set it with xset (look at the dpms settings) as said
26 above.
27
28 Pressing the Alt button should however get you out of it.
29
30 If you are running xscreensaver then the PID could be found by greping for
31 xscreensaver.
32
33 HTH.
34 --