From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen-saver annoyance after recent update
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:08:57
1 On Samstag, 19. Juli 2008, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:08:03PM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote
3 >
4 > > How about: not using screensavers at all?
5 >
6 > Now for a stupid-sounding question... what is the screensaver called?
7 > A "ps -ef" doesn't show any process with "screen" in the name. Man x
8 > and man xorg don't help. I'm running blackbox, so I don't have a
9 > gazillion settings widgets (nothing helpful in man blackbox). How can I
10 > find what program is blanking the screen? Once I do that, I can either
11 > set parameters or disable it.
12
13 so you are not using a screensaver but dpms screen blanking?
14
15 xset --help
16
17 will answer your question.