From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I am a "f*****g retard". Can you help me?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:12:32
1 Hi,
2
3 If someone if offended by the title, please don't. It's not my idea:
4 read below.
5
6 On the recent pointless, funny flame on "Portage VS Paludis", someone
7 linked this blog post on the usage of --resume-skipfirst:
8
9 http://r0bertz.blogspot.com/2007/01/be-careful-when-you-are-on-paludis.html
10
11 (read that and you will understand the title of my mail.)
12
13 I actually have to admit that, apparently, I suffer the same mental
14 disability of the poster -that is, I used to believe that using
15 --resume-skipfirst was harmless.
16
17 However in the post no actual explanation was done for that concerning
18 diagnosis. :)
19
20 Seriously: can someone more skilled than me explain why using
21 --resume-skipfirst and then trying to solve the unmerged packages is/can
22 be a bad idea? How can this break the system?
23
24 In return, I will bring flowers to Algernon.
25
26 Thanks a lot,
27 M.