From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make QEMU guest visible to other machines on LAN
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 20:07:08
1 On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 04:04:13AM +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote
2 > waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3 >
4 > > For various reasons, I need another physical machine on my small
5 > > home LAN to be able to talk directly to the 32-bit guest. I've read
6 > > the "Network setup" at http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KvmOnGentoo
7 > > Is the /etc/conf.d/net being reffered to, the one on the host or on
8 > > the guest? The webpage doesn't say explicitly.
9 >
10 > It seems like you are using the hostfwd option to redirect incoming
11 > connections to the host to the guest. Then it should also be able to
12 > connect from another physical machine to your guest.
13 >
14 > Im using
15 >
16 > -net user,hostfwd=tcp::2022-:22
17 >
18 > and can connect not only from the host but also from other physical
19 > machines to the guest via ssh.
20
21 Thanks. The command "ssh -p 2022 root@192.168.123.249" works from
22 another machine. I'll try setting up distccd on the VM, and tweaking my
23 ancient Atom netbook's distcc client to point at it before I do the next
24 update @world.
27 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
28 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications