From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make QEMU guest visible to other machines on LAN
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 03:05:21
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > Apologies if this is a duplicate/triplicate. I don't think the
4 > first attempts got through. Going through my backup provider
5 > (dialup) this time.
6 >
7 > I have QEMU installed on a 64-bit Gentoo machine. I'm now
8 > installing a 32-bit Gentoo guest. The "cdrom" (actually the minimal
9 > install ISO file) boots, and dhcpcd hands out IP address 10.0.2.15
10 > and gateway 10.0.2.2. The install can connect to the outside world
11 > via the "links" browser and it can ssh into the host machine
12 > 192.168.123.249 and visa versa. But the host ssh's into the guest
13 > install session via a port redirection into itself. ( ssh -p 2222
14 > localhost )
15 >
16 > For various reasons, I need another physical machine on my small
17 > home LAN to be able to talk directly to the 32-bit guest. I've read
18 > the "Network setup" at http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KvmOnGentoo
19 > Is the /etc/conf.d/net being reffered to, the one on the host or on
20 > the guest? The webpage doesn't say explicitly.
21
22 It seems like you are using the hostfwd option to redirect incoming
23 connections to the host to the guest. Then it should also be able to
24 connect from another physical machine to your guest.
25
26 Im using
27
28 -net user,hostfwd=tcp::2022-:22
29
30 and can connect not only from the host but also from other physical
31 machines to the guest via ssh.
34 Regards
35 wabe