From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] deactivate (bluetooth) hardware based on irq/mac address
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 11:26:43
1 On Saturday, 3 July 2021 12:17:42 BST Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi people,
3 >
4 > I want to deactivate my bluetooth device on my mainboard when gentoo is
5 > loaded.
6 > I don't want to "blacklist" the driver, more I want to tell the kernel
7 > to ignore this hardware.
8 >
9 > Is there a way to tell "gentoo" to disable, or not load the driver for
10 > this particular hardware based on the irq or mac address ?
11 >
12 > What is the propper way to do this ?
15 > best, Tamer
16
17 Not sure of a 'proper' way. I know of a physical way - in hardware where the
18 bluetooth has a button you can press to switch it off - typically available in
19 laptops. I also know of the rfkill command which comes with sys-apps/util-
20 linux.