From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:46:42
1 On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:20:45 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > How do you handle compilation/multi-artist CDs?
4 >
5 > Please re-read the message you're replying to. An example .inf file is
6 > attached.
7
8 That's what I was missing...
9
10 > There are 3 fields that my algorithm looks at...
11 >
12 > Albumperformer= 'Various Artists'
13 > Performer= 'Various Artists'
14 > Tracktitle= 'Johnny Cash / I Walk The Line'
15
16 So it handles things properly, as long as the .inf files are correct.
17 abcde asks for confirmation if it thinks this is a multi-artist CD
18 (there's probably an option to automate that).
19
20 > Given that there is a separate .inf file for each track, I figure the
21 > way it *SHOULD* be done is to have the track title in the "Tracktitle"
22 > field, and the artist in the "Performer" field. But, no, that's too
23 > logical.
24
25 It does raise the question of what is the point of the Performer field if
26 it's always the same as the Albumperformer.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Top Oxymorons Number 13: Computer jock