From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] X server won't load
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 03:34:58
1 I rebooted into my 2.6.22-rc3-rsdl1.0-hrt2 kernel and the X server
2 crashes (reminds me of Beryl on Ubuntu, but this time, there is a
3 blank black screen and no mouse). The problem is, my laptop has no
4 serial port, and therefore, I can't dmesg after starting X. Because my
5 keyboard has gone belly-up (because Xorg acquired it), I cant
6 [Control][Alt][Fn] to get into the virtual console and I need to a
7 safe hard reboot ([Alt][PrintScreen][R,S,E,I,K,U,B]) to get back to
8 the console.
9
10 What info should I post? And if this is a kernel bug, what info should
11 I email to lkml?
13 Andrey Vul
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list