From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X server won't load
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:13:59
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:29:49 -0400
4 "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I rebooted into my 2.6.22-rc3-rsdl1.0-hrt2 kernel and the X server
7 > crashes (reminds me of Beryl on Ubuntu, but this time, there is a
8 > blank black screen and no mouse). The problem is, my laptop has no
9 > serial port, and therefore, I can't dmesg after starting X. Because my
10 > keyboard has gone belly-up (because Xorg acquired it), I cant
11 > [Control][Alt][Fn] to get into the virtual console and I need to a
12 > safe hard reboot ([Alt][PrintScreen][R,S,E,I,K,U,B]) to get back to
13 > the console.
14 >
15 > What info should I post? And if this is a kernel bug, what info should
16 > I email to lkml?
17
18 Any chance to SSH in via network? Or does the laptop have no network
19 connection?
20
21 I don't think that this would be a problem w/ the kernel (although,
22 you're using an older -rc, one never knows). X mocks a lot with the
23 hardware w/o the kernel coming into play...
24
25 -hwh
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list