From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X server won't load
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:15:52
1 last time I did ssh was when installing LFS; been a looong time and I forgot.
2
3 Refresh my memory, please?
4 I have sshd on my laptop, putty on my desktop
5
6 On 6/10/07, Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:29:49 -0400
10 > "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >
12 > > I rebooted into my 2.6.22-rc3-rsdl1.0-hrt2 kernel and the X server
13 > > crashes (reminds me of Beryl on Ubuntu, but this time, there is a
14 > > blank black screen and no mouse). The problem is, my laptop has no
15 > > serial port, and therefore, I can't dmesg after starting X. Because my
16 > > keyboard has gone belly-up (because Xorg acquired it), I cant
17 > > [Control][Alt][Fn] to get into the virtual console and I need to a
18 > > safe hard reboot ([Alt][PrintScreen][R,S,E,I,K,U,B]) to get back to
19 > > the console.
20 > >
21 > > What info should I post? And if this is a kernel bug, what info should
22 > > I email to lkml?
23 >
24 > Any chance to SSH in via network? Or does the laptop have no network
25 > connection?
26 >
27 > I don't think that this would be a problem w/ the kernel (although,
28 > you're using an older -rc, one never knows). X mocks a lot with the
29 > hardware w/o the kernel coming into play...
30 >
31 > -hwh
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list