From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X server won't load
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:11:02
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:10:19 -0400
4 "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > last time I did ssh was when installing LFS; been a looong time and I forgot.
7 >
8 > Refresh my memory, please?
9 > I have sshd on my laptop, putty on my desktop
10
11 Just start sshd (it's usually configured to run straight out of the box
12 on gentoo), "/etc/init.d/sshd start", or permanently:
13 "rc-update add sshd default"
14
15 You can then use e.g. putty from the desktop and connect to the laptop,
16 providing your normal login data. You'll have a command line (_if_ the
17 kernel is alive and kicking), can issue the "dmesg", inspect the Xorg
18 log file and try to kill the running, broken X server. Basically what
19 you would do w/ a serial line.
20
21 -hwh
22 --