From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt USB pen drive
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:56:14
1 On Friday 18 May 2007 10:24, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2
3 > You still seem to be missing the correct syntax. (note: this might not
4 > solve your problem, and even issuing the right command might be of no
5 > help, but since you asked for it, here it is).
6 [snip . . . ]
7
8 Thanks! Things don't always go as they should when I rush through commands -
9 especially those I am not familiar with. It's crystal clear now.
10
11 > # mount -t vfat -o loop /dev/loop2 /tmp/r1
12 >
13 > uses an incorrect syntax for the specification of the loopback device
14 > (which is optional anyway), and does not tell where to mount the
15 > filesystem. So, what you probably want is
16 >
17 > # mount -t vfat -o loop=/dev/loop2 /tmp/r1 /mnt/somewhere
18 >
19 > or just simply
20 >
21 > # mount -t vfat -o loop /tmp/r1 /mnt/somewhere
22
23 I am getting the same errors as before:
24 ==========================================
25 # mount -t vfat -o loop /tmp/r1 /mnt/sda1
26 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
27 missing codepage or other error
28 In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
29 dmesg | tail or so
31
32 No matter if I use vfat, msdos, or ntfs. It seems to me that I need to
33 reconstruct the hex of the partition table - but don't know how to do this
34 and testdisk does not see the device to recover previous partition tables.
35
36 What now?
37 --
38 Regards,