From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and Thunderbird spell-checker is offering too many languages
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:51:22
1 On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 06:55:18 +0300
2 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3
4 > On 10/06/2010 09:58 PM, Dale wrote:
5 > > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
6 > >> The list of spell-check languages offered by Firefox and
7 > >> Thunderbird looks like this:
8 > >>
9 > >> English (AU)
10 > >> English (CA)
11 > >> English (GB)
12 > >> English (GB-oed)
13 > >> English (NZ)
14 > >> English (US)
15 > >> English (ZA)
16 > >> German (DE)
17 > >> Greek (GR)
18 > >>
19 > >> All this English stuff needs to do away, I only want English (US).
20 > >> Is there a way to do that?
21 > >>
22 > >>
23 > >
24 > > I have this set in my make.conf.
25 > >
26 > > LINGUAS="en_US en"
27 > > LANG="en_US"
28 > > LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
29 > >
30 > > Do you have something close to this as well? I can't think of
31 > > anything else at the moment. Maybe someone else will post a
32 > > different idea.
33 >
34 > No, that's not it. I have LINGUAS="en_US en" in my make.conf too. I
35 > found out that Firefox now uses hunspell for spell checking. Maybe
36 > that has something to do with it. So I guess the question now should
37 > be how to tell hunspell to only offer the US-English dictionary.
40 run "eix -e hunspell" to show the languages supported/activated for
41 hunspell