From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and Thunderbird spell-checker is offering too many languages
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:56:36
1 On 10/06/2010 09:58 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> The list of spell-check languages offered by Firefox and Thunderbird
4 >> looks like this:
5 >>
6 >> English (AU)
7 >> English (CA)
8 >> English (GB)
9 >> English (GB-oed)
10 >> English (NZ)
11 >> English (US)
12 >> English (ZA)
13 >> German (DE)
14 >> Greek (GR)
15 >>
16 >> All this English stuff needs to do away, I only want English (US). Is
17 >> there a way to do that?
21 > I have this set in my make.conf.
22 >
23 > LINGUAS="en_US en"
24 > LANG="en_US"
25 > LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
26 >
27 > Do you have something close to this as well? I can't think of anything
28 > else at the moment. Maybe someone else will post a different idea.
29
30 No, that's not it. I have LINGUAS="en_US en" in my make.conf too. I
31 found out that Firefox now uses hunspell for spell checking. Maybe that
32 has something to do with it. So I guess the question now should be how
33 to tell hunspell to only offer the US-English dictionary.