From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ruby 22
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:13:46
1 On Mon, Aug 21 2017, Hans de Graaff wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 08:26:49 -0600, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
4 >
5 >> I don't believe that will be enough. You should update RUBY_TARGETS in
6 >> /etc/portage/make.conf if you have it set. If you don't have it set and
7 >> are still getting this error, that's a bug and should be filed on b.g.o.
8 >> I have a custom RUBY_TARGETS as I do some ruby development, so I don't
9 >> have a vanilla system to test this on.
10 >
11 > I initially forgot to update the default RUBY_TARGETS specified in the
12 > profiles, so this may have caused some issues. That is fixed now.
13 >
14 >> You shouldn't have to 'eselect ruby' either - portage will do this for
15 >> you while updating.
16 >
17 > The automatic eselect will only happen when ruby 2.1 is uninstalled. On a
18 > default system ruby 2.2 should already be installed for some time
19 > alongside with ruby 2.1. My recommendation is to switch explicitly to
20 > ruby 2.2 now (using eselect), and remove ruby 2.1 once all dependencies
21 > have been updated.
22 >
23 > Hans
24
25 First thanks to you, stroller, and Alec for the help.
26
27 I re-synced the tree and the emerge ... @world completed normally.
28 I used eselect to switch to ruby 22.
29
30 I issued emerge --pretend --verbose --depclean =ruby-2.1.9
31 and the response was
32
33 dev-lang/ruby
34 selected: 2.1.9
35 protected: none
36 omitted: 2.2.6
37
38 Am I correct in believing it is now safe to issue
39
40 emerge --depclean =ruby-2.1.9
41
42 thanks,